This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

City Seal  small

Fair Housing Complaints

City Seal  small



Any person or persons wishing to file a complaint of housing discrimination in the City of Henderson may do so by informing the City Manager at (252) 430-5701, or the NC Human Relations Commission (919) 807-4420, Fax (919) 807-4435, Toll-Free 1-866-324-7474, of the facts and circumstances of the alleged discriminatory acts or practice.

Upon receiving a housing discrimination complaint, the City Manager shall inform the NC Rural Economic Development Division and the North Carolina Human Relations Commission about the complaint within ten (10) calendar days.  The City shall then assist the Commission and the complainant in filing an official written housing discrimination complaint with the Commission, pursuant to the State Fair Housing Act and Title VIII.

The City of Henderson shall assist the Commission in the investigation and conciliation of all housing discrimination complaints which are based on events occurring in the City.