This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

City Seal  small

Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination Program

Report Pollution Sources

Report a Spill

Illicit Discharge - CopyNOTE: If you are seeking to contact first responders to an incident, please call 911.

The Division of Water Resources is responsible for communications and coordination of cleanups from discharges related to oil spills, sewage spills, and fish kills or algal blooms, that threaten to reach surface waters. To report an incident, please contact your local Division of Water Resources Regional Office during business hours. After-hours, weekends or holidays, reports by phone at (800) 858-0368.

Illicit Discharges

Henderson’s Stormwater Ordinance prohibits illicit discharges with the potential to significantly impact surface waters. Illicit discharges are a non-stormwater discharge that flows to a stormwater conveyance system.  Examples of illicit discharges include, but are not limited to, oil, antifreeze, animal waste, chemicals. To report an illicit discharge, please contact Operations Center Customer Service at 252-431-6030 or fill out the form below.

Off-site Sediment or Mud in the Streets

If there is off-site sediment or mud in the streets from active construction site please call Operations Center Customer Service at 252-431-6030 or fill out the form below and we will investigate the issue.

Illicit Discharge and Off-site Sediment Online Reporting
Please fill out the form below as best you can, and will investigate the issue. Thank you for reporting. 

Report Illicit Discharge and Offsite Sediment

Maximum size allowed: 20 MB Allowed types: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .rtf, .pdf, .txt