This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

City Seal  small

Sewage Spill Info

What should you do in the case of a sewage spill?

Make sure that people are kept away from the area of the overflow, typically a manhole cover.

This is especially important for children and pets that may play near the overflow area.

For example the street, public park, or local stream.

If liquid is coming out of a manhole cover with “Sanitary Sewer” on it, it is probably sewage.

Note:  That sewage is NOT Brown or yellowish in color but can actually vary from a dark black to a dirty gray dishwater color.

Take notice of and report any sewer manhole covers that you see lifting up and spilling sewage, especially during heavy rain.

Report the sewer overflow immediately to the City of Henderson Collection Division at the numbers below and utility crew will be dispatched to investigate the problem.

Please leave your name, phone numbers and the location of the potential spill.


If no answer dial
252-431-0419 or  252-431-6115
8:00 A.M. – 5:00P.M.