Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Neighborhood Revitalization Assistance
|**To assist with applications and income verification, the Kerr Tar Council of Government will have representatives at City Hall on two dates.
Thursday, September 16th 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday, September 17th 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
CDBG NR 02A Application Part A
CDBG NR 02A Application Part B
CDBG NR 02A Application Part C
City of Henderson CDBG Neighborhood Revitalization (CDBG-NR) Program
The City of Henderson is considering an application for CDBG Neighborhood Revitalization funds from the North Carolina Rural Economic Development Division (REDD) to provide rehabilitation or replacement housing assistance to lower-income homeowner households. The program is sponsored by the City of Henderson, with funds potentially provided by the Rural Economic Development Division.
The City encourages owner-occupied households with lower incomes residing in substandard housing to contact the City if they would like to be considered for a rehabilitation or replacement housing loan (up to 8-year term, 0% interest, forgiven loan if you remain the owner-occupant for the full 8 year term) offered through this CDBG program.
In order to be considered for a loan, applicants must meet the criteria outlined below:
- Occupant household income must be at or below:
- Applicants must be able to document that they have paid taxes due to date and obtained clear title to the property to be assisted at the time the City considers formal applications for CDBG assistance.
- All households served must occupy a unit with severe structural deficiencies or severe water and/or sewer needs. This program is designed to address housing needs, not minor structural cosmetic improvements.
- No rental units nor vacant units will be considered for assistance.
- All units must be located within the corporate limits of the City of Henderson.
- Manufactured housing must have been converted into real property if owned and occupied by the homeowner prior to selection.
If you wish to be considered for CDBG assistance, you must return the three attached application forms to the City of Henderson Development Services Department no later than September 17, 2021. At least one of the owners of the property must sign the application form. Please return the three attached application forms by mail to:
City of Henderson Development Services Department
Attn: Corey Williams, Director
134 Rose Avenue
Henderson, NC 27536
If you require assistance with these forms, please contact Mr. Williams at (252) 430-5725 to set up an appointment.